Sunday, December 12, 2010

My First Week at GMA-7

November 10-12, 2010 


It was a hot Wednesday when I went to GMA-7 to pass the requirements for my internship. I was in a hurry to pass it because there's only one slot left. I went there together with Edmund because I'm not too familiar with the place. Thanks God I arrived there twenty minutes before 1:00 o'clock. I immediately went to the station and asked the security guard if Sir Jerome was there. Unfortunately, he was having his lunch at that time so I waited. Edmund and Malou accompanied me. After a few minutes of waiting, I was able to hand in  my requirements to him and I was accepted. I was very happy. 

This week, I had the chance to observe the news program of GMA-7's Balitang Bisdak together with my co-interns Malou, Angela, Jasmin, and Edmund. The staff and employees were very friendly and accommodating. We really feel we are welcomed. Madam Elena assigned us to Ms. Sandra Mari Arriola, the chief librarian. Take note! The library that I am talking about is not the typical library that you're thinking. It's not a library of books but a library of tapes, CD'S and DVD's. We helped her in encoding the shot list made by the video journalists.

I'm still adjusting to the new environment I am currently into. I know it takes time to know the  real personalities of the people there but I am not scared. I'm up to the challenge. I am just hoping that I can build friendship and ties with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment