Sunday, December 12, 2010

On-field with Bisdak Reporters

November 15-19, 2010

This has been a memorable week for me. I was able to go on-field with Sir Alan Domingo and Sir Monching Auxtero. November 15, I was with Sir Alan and video journalist Sir Tata during the relief operations of GMA Kapuso Foundation in Pagsabungan, Mandaue together with my co-interns Malou and Angela. Sir Alan had his live report there. I was very excited because it's my first time to go on-field. While we're on our way to the area, Sir Alan taught us of the possible questions that we will going to ask to the Barangay Captain. He was very helpful to us and they're very accommodating. When we reached the area, we immediately find the Brgy. Captain and interviewed him. We also interviewed some of the residents who were greatly affected by the fire incident. Twenty-six houses were burned and the affected families were only using candles to give light and warm to their dark and cold night. After the interview, we helped in the distribution of relief goods. These goods include noodles, canned goods, clothes, plates, glasses, and a kilo of rice. I realized that media is indeed a very great help to the people not just for information dissemination but also during this time of predicament. The people there badly needed help and it's good to think that media is there to extend its help to this unfortunate people.

November 16, I had the chance to be on-field with Sir Monching Auxtero and video journalist Sir Joel Pantino. We went to different police stations in Mandaue. We went to Mandaue City Police Office for the follow-up report on Tawason crime. After which, we went to Subangdaku Police Station to interview one of the suspects. We also went to Cebu City Police Office where Sir Monching had his stand-upper. There I saw my classmates Vinci, Vanessa, and Maluna. After that, we went to PRO-7 and interviewed S/Supt. Erson Digal about the issue of giving  cash gifts to police officials this Christmas. We went back to the station around two o'clock in the afternoon. I was a little bit tired and hungry. My hands were shaking. I immediately went to the canteen to eat my lunch. But despite of not eating my lunch on time, I enjoyed the experience. It was all worth it. The experience was great and I had fun. I realized I have to adjust myself to the new environment I am currently into and to the things that I am not used to. Afterall, there's a lot of things to be learned in this unpredictable world. 

November 17, I was on-field with Ms. Ana Desamparado, the new reporter of Balitang Bisdak and video journalist Sir Tata. We went to the office of Vice-Governor Greg Sanchez and interviewed him about the issue between him and DILG-7 Director Pedro Noval. We also interviewed him about the  issue of being charged for dereliction of duty if he continues to refuse to assume as acting governor since the governor was out-of-the country. I'm so happy because it's my first time to see him face to face and to be on his office. I never expected that I will meet him. Indeed, the saying "Expect the unexpected" truly speaks to the event.

This week also, I had the opportunity to meet the disc jockeys behind the FM programs of DYRT. Together with my co-interns Malou, Jasmin and Angela, Ma'am Sandra tour us to the FM booth of the station. We met Papa Joe, Papa Marco, Litoy and many others. Sorry, I forgot some of them. Anyway, we had fun. We had the chance to watch and listen to them live on their program. Truly, this has been a fun-filled week for me worth remembering.

No comments:

Post a Comment