Friday, December 17, 2010

..Truly an Experience.........

November 29 - December 3, 2010

This week I had the chance again to be on-field with the two of the best reporters in GMA-7. November 29, I was with Sir Monching Auxtero and video journalist Sir Joel Pantino. We went to Central Command and interviewed Maj. Darren E. Comia, the Director for the Office of Cadette Admission. We asked him about the increasing number of applicants for PMA in Central Visayas, their qualifications and the trainings that applicants will underwent. Maj. Comia invited me to  join the Philippine Military Academy but I told him that I will just think it over. Sir Monching and Sir Joel  told me that I should give it a try but I just smiled. I'm  still undecided. Anyways, we went to Fuente Osmena Circle after that. We interviewed the representatives of Bayan Muna, KMU, and Anakpawis. They were having a rally. They brought with them their placards that contain their dissatisfaction to the present administration.The rally ended at Colon Street. There  I saw my classmates Nova and Aldwin who were also having their internship in Superbalita and DYAB respectively.

December 1, I was on-field with Sir Alan Domingo and video journalist Sir Joel Bajenting. We visited Ate Shonie Sumampong who is living beside the road for almost eight years with her seven children. Yes! Almost eight years. They didn't have a house and they were just using blankets that serve as their bed. We surprised her and her children. We brought with us goods, clothes, foods and bed. They were very happy upon receiving the gifts. At least, we helped them in our small and little ways. I realized a lot of things when I entered and have my internship with this station. I was exposed to many things that I did not learn from the academe. I experienced what it is to be a reporter and how tough the job is. Indeed, experience is the best teacher. 

I remember thinking that I am who I am because I have faith in myself and it has always been the possibility of emotionally rewarding the experiences that has encouraged me to gamble on myself. Those experiences have made all that I do worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment